Thursday, December 14, 2006

Welcome to Skylia Journal

For all of you that followed me here from the old website: kudos...ok, moving on. For the noobs: the old website was actually a required college project that I used to keep track of this project. I was very surprised when random people started to visit and leave me messages. So now that my free college web hosting has expired, I've decided to continue the site in a blog for the fans.

Introduction
I am one of the few batshit-crazies who thought it would be a good idea to put a Skyline engine into a Silvia body, thus creating a Skylia.


I've been harboring this sick fetish since 2002 and it shows no signs of fatigue. Slowly but surely I've obtained parts: car, engine, and other useful items. I've made lots of mistakes, spent lots of money, and kicked many inanimate objects/people, but it will all be worth it when it's over.


Parts So Far:

  • 1995 Nissan 240sx (S14)
  • 1997 R33 RB26DETT with harness, ecu and AWD transmission
  • Apexi Power FC and controller
  • RB25DET RWD tranny and oil pan
  • RB26 to 240sx mount kit from McKinney Motorsports
  • S15 projector headlights
  • R32 taillights
  • Wiring Diagram Manual RB26
  • Stock RB26 Air Flow Meters (a bitch to find)
  • Stock RB26 AFM connectors (courtesy of my Aussie friend Andrea)
  • The wrong AFM connectors
  • US drivers side RB26 engine mount bracket
  • Windshield weather strip

Still Need:

  • Turbo Timer
  • Tires/Wheels
  • Driveshaft for swap (McKinney Motorsports)
  • Intercooler and piping
  • Single disk clutch
  • 300ZX front brake upgrade
  • Exhaust
  • Racing Seats/Harness

Goals:

  • 11 second quarter mile on stock internals

I managed to sell off one of the wrong AFM connectors and the stock KA24 motor out of the car but as yet haven't been able to find a buyer for the AWD Skyline transmission. Even if I did I'd still be eating Ramen for six months to afford all this crap.

For a while the project stalled because I was having great difficulty finding certain parts for the engine. Now that I've got all the necessary stuff, the car will cease to be a giant paperweight and updates will be more than once a month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home